Festivals are the epitome of summer. While their purpose is to deliver entertainment, they are also required to provide basic necessities, such as porta potties, for all attendees. Even though portable restrooms are convenient, they are not always the cleanest. We understand that maintaining a hygienic environment is an integral part of your image and will significantly impact the overall success of your event. Make sure you know how to properly maintain your porta potties with a few tips from your professional service technicians in Hamilton.
5 Ways to Maintain Your Porta Potty
Whether your event spans a few days or a few weeks, it is important that you maintain a regular porta potty cleaning schedule. Your Hamilton portable bathrooms will see a lot of activity over the duration of your event and it is your responsibility to comply with only the highest sanitary standards.
Here are 5 ways you can successfully maintain the cleanliness of your porta potties:
- Strategic Placement: Firstly, make sure to order enough porta potties for your event. Once you have acquired the appropriate number, maintain optimal cleanliness by strategically staggering them around the event grounds. Consider placing porta potties in high traffic areas such as parking lots, entrance gates, food stalls, and event stages. However, don’t forget about the less frequented areas like the exit gates and perimeter. Evenly distributing porta potties will help equalize their usage and keep them cleaner.
- Extra Supplies: Always ensure your porta potties are sufficiently stocked with extra supplies. There should be enough supplies on hand so you can quickly replace empty toilet paper rolls, refill hand sanitizer, or replace air fresheners as needed.
- Touch Points: Pay special attention to the touch points in and around your porta potty. The areas that people touch the most often include door handles, toilet paper rolls, and hand sanitizer dispensers. Use a cleaning solution and microfiber towel to help wipe these areas clean after daily use.
- Air it Out: Cleaning tablets will help keep your porta potty smelling fresh and can even prevent some germs and bacteria from growing. Once in awhile however, it is a good idea to keep the doors to your porta potties opened for at least 30 minutes at a time. This is an especially useful tip if your event spans over weeks or months.
- Hire a Restroom Attendant: If you are putting on a large-scale event, it will be difficult to spend the necessary time to attend to each of your portable restrooms. Skip the hassle and outsource a designated restroom attendant through your porta potty provider.
Porta Potty Maintenance and Services in Hamilton
The team at Pitton Portable Sanitation is here to help you with all your portable restroom needs. We can accommodate every guest at your next special event with our wide range of porta potties that include regular units, wheelchair accessible units, and more. With our 24-Hour Emergency Service, you can be confident that your porta potties will be professionally maintained, regardless of date or time. Additionally, we provide weekly services to help keep your porta potties clean. These services include vacuuming of waste, high-pressure flushing, and restocking the essentials.
Call us today at 1-800-499-4184 or contact us online to order porta potties for your next event in Hamilton.