The idea of renovating your home is exciting. You are ready for the change, you have hired the contractors, and the granite countertop samples are sitting in your living room ready to be selected.
Before you consider everything ready to go, there may be a few minor details you are forgetting. After all, a home renovation is never easy, and if you go in unprepared, the excitement of the project will quickly fade.
5 Essential Tips for a Stress-Free Home Renovation
Home renovations usually start off as a lot of fun, but often result in chaos, extended timelines and haywire budgets. Not to mention the stress, discomfort and inconvenience caused by construction dirt and debris. However, by planning properly and taking care of seemingly minor details, renovating your home in Hamilton could be fun and memorable.
How should you prepare? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Construction Site Sanitation: Plumbing is an essential component in your home. It is also the first thing your contractor will shut off during the renovation. As the homeowner, you oversee construction site sanitation. If the bathroom is out of order, consider getting a porta potty for your Hamilton property.
- Homeowner’s Insurance: You are upgrading your home, but your current policy is based on what your home was before. Contact your insurance company to ensure you follow any remodeling specifications they require, and then get a new estimate.
- Contractors Coming and Going: Your home is no longer your private and personal space. Instead, it is where contractors come and go (and sometimes at random hours). You can detour much of the foot traffic outside by setting up construction site toilets. This eliminates the need for contractors to come indoors to use your bathroom. You will appreciate the convenience when you are in the middle of lunch or busy working.
- Property Damage Liability: Property damage during renovations is not uncommon. Take the time to read your contractor’s agreement and terms to see who is responsible if and when damage
- Sinks and Wash Areas: Running water might not be an option for a few hours out of the day or weeks at a time. Luckily, there is portable sanitation available for construction sites. These include handwashing stations and hygienic water trailers that include hot and cold water.
While no one wants to think about the bathroom or the potential plumbing hazard of renovations, being prepared will make it one less aspect to worry about during your remodeling. For a Hamilton area portable bathroom, contact Pitton Portables. We have everything you need to make your home construction site comfortable, including hand wash stations, sink trailers, and of course, the portable bathroom.
Call us today at 1-800-499-4184 or contact us online to book your construction site toilets and sanitation accessories.